May 26 & June 2, 9 & 16
10:00 – 11:00
Start your Mondays right!
Books for Babies
Books for Babies is a program that encourages parents of infants between birth and 12 months to share books with their babies. It supports all families in developing early literacy and language experiences and promotes healthy family relationships.
Books for Babies is funded by: Government of Alberta, Enterprise and Advanced Education Richardson GMP An Evening of Wine & Words
- A four-week program delivered either through one-on-one contacts or in a group setting facilitated by various community partners. Registration is required for this program – see schedule for contact information.
- Each family is provided with a sturdy book bag, books and easy-to-read information
- Ways to enjoy books together are modeled and shared
- Parents are introduced to their local library and other available resources
- Participants have an opportunity for informal, social time with other parents around a light meal or snack
- Parents read more often with their babies
- Assists parents in their ability to support their children’s early development
- Helps build and strengthen family relationships and promotes positive parenting
- Places books into homes of families who need them
- Links parents to other parents facing similar issues
- Promotes links to other community resources such as libraries and family centres
- Promotes reading in the family
Call 780-469-0663 to register!