Starts on May. 26 for four weeks from 10:00 to 11:00!
- A four-week program delivered either through one-on-one contacts or in a group setting facilitated by various community partners. Registration is required for this program – see schedule for contact information.
- Each family is provided with a sturdy book bag, books and easy-to-read information
- Ways to enjoy books together are modeled and shared
- Parents are introduced to their local library and other available resources
- Participants have an opportunity for informal, social time with other parents around a light meal or snack
- Parents read more often with their babies
- Assists parents in their ability to support their children’s early development
- Helps build and strengthen family relationships and promotes positive parenting
- Places books into homes of families who need them
- Links parents to other parents facing similar issues
- Promotes links to other community resources such as libraries and family centres
- Promotes reading in the family